Re: [xmca] Bozhovich's Internal Position

On 21 January 2013 17:27, Martin Packer <packer@duq.edu> wrote:

> Except "role" only works for children above a certain age. Infants and
> toddlers have no understanding of social role. Arguably preschool age
> children are beginning to work out this kind of 'institutional fact' in
> their play. School kids get heavy exposure to the roles of the classroom,
> of course.

I think this is part of the drift I was picking up.  The "role of the
schoolchild" as opposed to the role as a social participant that the
schooling facilitates.

In similar consideration to Peter I question whether role needs to be
explicit.  Our 20 month year old is quite emphatic that I should take my
hat, jacket and shoes off when I arrive home.

Huw