Re: [xmca] http://marxismocritico.com/category/psicologia-marxista/

Jack

I wanted to acknowledge our shared interest in John Shotter's way of
focusing on language as gesture. My work in schools each day interacting
with children validates John's way of perceiving "spontaneous
responsiveness" as central to how we learn to orient and go on together.
I do believe that his understanding of "joint action" as "spontaneous
responsiveness" [as dialogical understandings] contributes an alternative
way of understanding the ZPD.

Jack, you commented,

Dear Larry (and all), I'm wondering if the following response might be
helpful in relation to your need to ask if tacit presentations are 'merely
interactional' as Andy suggests or is it potentially possible to expand
this interactional 'picture' to also engage cultural historical artifacts
within our presentational understandings? Presentations which are tacitly
shared while participating in 'joint action' or dialogical enactments.

I think that the reason I don't feel a need to ask these questions is
because I've already answered them to my satisfaction (although I'm open to
being shown that my answers are not adequate).

Jack, it was in this spirit of generating questions and inviting
"answerability" as a way of continuing the conversation, that I posed the
question.  I personally continue to reflect on these questions, as a way of
deepening my own understanding. However, my ethical orientation aligns with
your committments and with John Shotter's way of understanding joint
action.

Jack, I am going to look through some of the articles you have suggested,
but I wanted to acknowledge the ethical disposition you are cultivating in
your students and in the world.

Larry