Re: [xmca] Abstract to Concrete

Dear Larry,
I have not yet responded, but you and Andy have  extensive capacity of
imagining possibilities.As my message wasn't written clearly ( Andy maybe
recalls I have tried to set tasks to 'write scientifically', and so his
setting  into context ( I mean revealing form and source from conversation
to writing, with his link) gives me a lot to reflect with. I can first of
all reflect that in my post was substance for dysymmetry which was
productive for creative thinking, but each has such scope , potentialities.
I am still exploring here Davydov's reading of Ilyenkov, have you read the
Chapter? he has on pp47-48 written on 'ideal' , and its meaning for me is
broadly a significance of  'from social relations'. ( I've heard Marianne
Hedegaard express this value, and now it becomes deeper because of the
aspect of 'potentialities' which now comes  into meaning for me in a new
conscious awareness).

I read Andy's comment to you and thought of difficulties I have always
encountered with 'designing a study' ( a tension that'design' follows
meeting of others ( reflection with, not planning)), and I recognise this
tension as inquiet which  'guided democracy' resonates with.
 ' That begs the question, and leads to an infinite regress.'  Is the
question' how can a designer 'emancipate' if there has been a plan?[ Or as
I heard once catch on 'design freedom spaces' - necessarily in such,
conception of subject is assumed already (to be freeing from...)]' which
comes back many times , and again to conditions, social relations and
reflection.  ...Most impenetrable to talk about as finding expression is in
the attentiveness of listening - and writing is somewhere quite more
complex again (  academic voices are tightly subjectivised affairs)., which
is maybe why I like Andy's illustration through the round table so much. I
want  (imagining is  task setting now:)) to craft a reasoned argument to
'Research' along such a line.
 Christine.