Re: Fwd: [xmca] A Failure of Communication

And sorry ! By Ilyenkovian/Vygotskian definition , what will be the answer to this question :
Aren't all true concepts always concrete ?

________________________________
 From: Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Monday, 19 November 2012, 12:41:33
Subject: Re: Fwd: [xmca] A Failure of Communication

Haydi,

I do think that a concept has to be its own object, and that, by contrast, the idea of concepts being in the head "picking out" objects in the external material world leads to untenable contradictions.

But it is nonsense to conflate these two ideas together, so that concepts are objects inside the head which are identical with objects existing in the material world. It means having a concept of concept which is both subjective and objective. If we reify the object as a material object or relation or process of some kind, then of course such a material object cannot be identical with something we take to be a thought-form.

The concepts of action and activity are the key to a concept of concept, because an action (as opposed to behaviour) is equally subjective and objective, and as an aggregate of actions, so is an activity.

Does that make sense?

Andy

*Andy Blunden*

Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/