[xmca] Survey of Working Conditions of Online Instructors

Hello --

It wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of people who are on XMCA who
also teach on line. I am doing a survey of the working conditions of
online instructors.  If it's OK with people, I would like to attach the
link to it here to see if we could get some responses from XMCA people.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/623HZC5

This link also works:

survey</a>

The goal of this survey (35 questions) is to explore the range of working
conditions -- pay, hours of work, numbers of students, ownership of
content, etc -- that is characteristic of this new way of delivering
higher education.  The motivation for the survey is that although there
are many discussions of delivery systems and quality of learning on-line,
there do not seem to be any studies of what working as an online
instructor is like.

Let me know if doing a survey like this on XMCA is a problem, or if you'd
like to ask more questions.

Helena Worthen
University of Illinois, Prof of Labor and Employment Relations, Emeritus
Hworthen@illinois.edu
510-828-2745