Re: Fwd: [xmca] A Failure of Communication

Andy
your comment:
"Ideal typical path of development" *points to* distinct settings (e.g.
natural science, everyday life at home, school, etc.) which is indeed close
to the idea of "genre," but "ideal typical path of development" is after
all about *paths of development*, ideal ones at that, not settings,
projects, theories, domains, social groups, frames, or anything else. :)

Andy, if the focus remains on *typical paths of development* OF genres, OF
distinct settings OF the existential life world, is it possible to have a
conversation within the multi-verse of *romantic science*
As I understand the focus on *typical* is *scientific*  the paths of
development may be romantic and implicate effective history.

I am circling around your invitation to have conversations that are
interdiciplinary. Simon Critchley, exploring the development of Continental
Philosophy wrote about Heidegger's idea of

 *an existential CONCEPTION of science*

Critchley commented,

"This would show how the practices of the natural sciences arise out of
life-world practices, and that the life-world practices are not simply
reducible to natural scientific explanation"

Andy, your specific project to develop awareness of the *typical paths* of
develop of concept use and transformation through time is  emerging within
a particular  tradition or genre of discourse [within effective history].
I am playfully inquiring if it may be  possible to *play* [a word you would
not use but points to a hermeneutical genre] on a larger *field of play*
 that *hears* and acknowledges your voice.

I will bring the discussion back to the paper under discussion and the
fuzzy boundaries between spontaneous and scientific [systematically 'true'
organized] concepts.  Andy the path of development FROM spontaneous TO
scientific concepts seems to have deen articulated within a genre. However,
this is not a dis-interested scientific development.
Mike pointed to developmental praxis as centrally concerning *social goods,
including moral goods*.

Within our developing understanding of  ideal paths of concept formation
how is this emerging understanding circling back to exploring how our
*hearing* gives *voice* to the other*?
{Which I suggest is one way to view the development of psychology as
a project within a shared moral compass}

Larry