Re: [xmca] election day

Not only relief but joy.

"The Audacity of Hope" written when Obama was a senator, he outlined a
strategy to intervene in the cycle of poverty (dysfunctional families,
mother-headed families and the loss of father, drug use, gangs,the
dependence on special service) and I really hope that he will put that into
play.

He is a good guy.
Hoorah!

On 7 November 2012 12:18, R.J.S.Parsons <r.j.s.parsons@open.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thank you, indeed, Mike. some of us over here have woken up to a sense of
> profound relief.
>
> Rob
>

> On 7 Nov 2012, at 04:54, "Andy Blunden" <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:
>
> > You did a fantastic job getting those votes out Mike.
> > Andy
> >
> > mike cole wrote:
> >> For those of you in the US but busy during work hours.
> >>
> >> A major need on election day is for volunteers to go around to check on
> >> people who have not voted by about 4pm, knock on doors, take them to
> polls if
> >> necessary. The Cole family is planning to do this and it occurred to me
> that perhaps some of you would want to contact your local campaign office
> which will be very glad to hear from you. The outcome, methinks, matters to
> my children and grandchildren.
> >>
> >> mike
> >
> > --
>
> --
> The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an
> exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC
> 038302).

 Sessional Teacher: Wits School of Languages
Honorary Research Fellow: Department of Linguistics, Unisa