[xmca] Deferred Risk?

Does anyone know of papers (or books) on the topic of the psychology of deferred risk? By this I mean studies of how people perceive, for example, the risks of actions they take now when it is common knowledge that absolutely nothing bad will happen for a long time, but then the result will be possibly fatal. Having unprotected sex with someone who's probably got AIDS, for example, or maybe engaging in fraudulent business practices, or taking up smoking. It's a bit like the other side of deferred benefits, of working hard at school so that you get a good job a decade later, of which Activity Theorists have given a lot of attention. I am over the anthropological literature, moral panics and so on, I am looking for something in CHAT or general psychology.

What do you think?
Andy