[xmca] Help with LSV and Heinz Werner links?

I just want to make sure I've tapped this Extended Mind with regard to the
question of whether there is direct evidence of a connection between
Vygotsky and Werner?

They seem to me like "birds of a feather" (both were interested in art,
aesthetic experience, pedology, defectology, genetic method / developmental
psych) but I'm just wondering whether they ever "flocked together."

Despite the significant overlap, I can imagine them not having met or known
of each other (Vygotsky seems more familiar with the Berlin school than the
Leipzig school, but that is from my very limited knowledge of his
work). But I'm just wondering if there are any interesting connections that
I should know about, or any leads that might help me to figure this out?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
greg

p.s. this is for the paper I'm giving at the SCT/SLL annual gathering. I
promise to cite my sources (i.e. you) appropriately!

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
883 Spencer W. Kimball Tower