[xmca] Re: [COGDEVSOC] Full Professor, Chair at Tufts University

Here is a rare senior position in a fine department.
mike

Tufts University

Eliot Pearson Department of Child Development

FACULTY POSITION: PROFESSOR AND DEPARTMENT CHAIR

THE ELIOT-PEARSON DEPARTMENT OF CHILD DEVELOPMENT AT TUFTS
UNIVERSITY invites applications for a full professor in Applied Developmental Science,
beginning August 2013. The successful candidate will also serve as chair of the Department for
two terms (six years). We seek a colleague with expertise in any substantive area of
developmental science. In addition, we desire expertise in developmental statistical methods.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated programmatic and scientific leadership in
developmental science and a record of scholarly achievement (including strong record of
publication and grantsmanship) commensurate with appointment as a tenured full professor.

Candidates must possess a doctorate in one of the disciplines associated with developmental
science (e.g., psychology, sociology, human development, education, economics, human
ecology) and have demonstrated scholarly leadership in a substantive area of developmental
science related to children, adolescents, or key developmental contexts. The successful
candidate?s research will be marked by use of such developmental methods as longitudinal
multivariate models of person- and variable-centered change or by developmental systems
models of individual-context relations.

The Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development is internationally known for its scholarship
and its undergraduate and graduate programs, including Ph.D., M.A., and MAT programs in
Applied Child Development. Eliot-Pearson is an interdisciplinary department that is dedicated to
studying and enhancing the well-being of children, youth, families, and communities through the
integration of research and practice. The department reflects Tufts? university-wide commitment
to active citizenship. See www.ase.tufts.edu/epcd for more information about the department
and its programs and research centers.

Interested persons should send their CV, statement of research and teaching, 2-3 representative
scholarly publications, and the names of three references to the following link:
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/1754 For any questions, please contact Mary Ellen
Santangelo, Department Manager, Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development, Tufts
University, 105 College Avenue, Medford, MA 02155 or MaryEllen.Santangelo@tufts.edu.

Evaluation of candidates will begin October 1, 2012, and will continue until the position is filled.
Tufts University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are deeply
committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty. Members of underrepresented groups are
strongly encouraged to apply.