Re: [xmca] Help? - Microgenesis, Microgenetic, Microgeny?

I appreciate your comments on Levi-Strauss, Greg. I have read him, and with interest, but from your comments I think somewhat superificially! I am sure all those French guys read Marx, but they would not have necessartily wanted to emulate him. Levi-Strauss was at war with the Marxist Sartre at the time he wrote  "The Savage Mind". Vygotsky obviously did want to emaulate Marx. And I doubt Saussure ever red Marx or Hegel, personally. No sign of it.

Andy
(So there is a baby on the way at the Thompson household?)

Greg Thompson wrote:
Andy,
You don't suppose that Saussure or Levi-Strauss read Marx? (not sure about Levy-Bruhl)
or perhaps the problem was that they read Marx wrongly?

Your reading of Vygotsky is many many times deeper than mine and so I trust your intuitions. But making those intuitions clear to others seems to be the problem at hand. I will happily look to your videos for guidance.

Many thanks for them and for your comments!
-greg