Re: [xmca] Child Development in Film and Literature: Help!

Small Change
Show Me Love
Quinceanera
Under the Domin tree
those are films  --

books:
Celine by Brock Cole
Nobody's Family is Going to Chance by Louise Fitzhugh
Lotta books by Astrid Lindgren

wish I was still there to TA ... : ) --
Beth

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Cathrene Connery <cconnery@ithaca.edu>wrote:

> Here are a few more:
>
> Film:
> Real Women Have Curves (About an Adolescent Latina Girl)
> Freedom Writers (A little hokey but at least it represents diversity in
> American schools)
> Books:
> The House on Mango Street: Sandra Cisneros
> War Dances: Sherman Alexie
>
> There are some excellent collections of short stories called "Growing Up
> Latina/o" and "Growing Up Native American" that might be of interest. And
> then there is a plethora of rich multicultural children's literature to use
> depending on the semiotic lens you will be looking through.
>
> Best wishes,
> Cathrene

Beth Ferholt
Assistant Professor
School of Education
Brooklyn College, City University of New York
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210-2889

Email: bferholt@brooklyn.cuny.edu
Phone: (718) 951-5205