URe: [xmca] Victor Wooten: Music as a Language

Coincidentally just listened to Stephen Fry's radio programme on the English language on BBC Radio 4 which dealt with intonation, what it can convey and when particular patterns of sound are considered appropriate in spoken - largely UK - English. Emphasis, pitch patterns, sound shapes all implying shades of meaning or feeling which I think we recognise but aren't necessarily consciously aware of apart from adaptations required for talking to babies or dogs...

Bruce R