Re: [xmca] Kellogg Hacked

It's a "thought" virus, merely one step further along the path of the evils
of advertising.  The source of the trouble is the click-through-advertising
payments from the likes of Google or Yahoo.

It's an interesting dynamic for the likes of Google given the high
coherence of their staff vs the violence of advertising.  For Yahoo! it's
all par for course.  My prediction is that as the google collective start
to approach the signal barrier (vs noise) in their advertising, that they
will actually start to induce more problems for their free client users.
Vaguely appropriate advertising is going to be far more distracting and
troublesome vs the real deal communicative signal of useful and appropriate
messages.

My own impression is that they (google) are already cranking up the
advertisements.   Enough for me to start thinking about setting up an email
client to forgo the branding.

Huw