Re: [xmca] Sayeki/Mental Rotation

Yep, I can see that. If, in my conceptual frame, I see the world as made of a kind of block-snake, when I perceive the world I have to kinda fit the visual field into my conceptual field, and that takes time and work. So that is an instance of reconstructing the concrete of sense perception by picking the right figure from my mental collection.

Now you asked: why is the amount of rotation irrelevant if the figure has a face marked on it? My guess is that I can imagine myself or recognise a human body without rotating it into a given orientation for comparison? Is that right?

Andy

mike cole wrote:
"... to "ascend to the concrete" by matching the correct figure.
... I was sorta of thinking of the bare figures as abstract -- things, figures, objects, pictures? ... I "see" the boy immediately and use that knowledge to rise to the concrete
so quickly it feels like "direct perception."