RE: [xmca] Understanding is no method but rather a form of communication

Bueno, and my apologies if I misunderstood the intent of your comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Martin Packer
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:37 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Understanding is no method but rather a form of communication

Peter,

I was responding to a post about Gadamer, and I replied not by giving my own opinion but by describing what someone a lot smarter than me has said to Gadamer. I'm not trying to say that highly placed theorists are more important than everyday folk; I have simply pointed out that some pretty smart people have thought about these issues, that I find what they have to say helpful, and I've tried to summarize what they have said.

Martin