Re: [xmca] Idea for roundtable discussion at AERA

Last year a group of us submitted just such a session, without the link to this year's theme, and we were only docked by one point, but the C-H Sig was so booked that we couldn't get in.

Anna Stetsenko, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch, Kevin O'Connor, Bill Penuel, and I with Eduardo Vianna as discussant.

We are planning to re-submit this year. Our proposal is drafted, but let me know if you would like to see if there is a way to hook up or join in somehow.

Best to all - jen

Hi Monica - I do have an interest in drawing insights from the different research traditions in educational enquiries of the kind, 'How do I improve what I am doing?' .

You might find interesting:

Justifying the use of a living theory methodology in the creation of your living educational theory. Responding to Cresswell.

Jack Whitehead, Department of Education, University of Bath: Notes for doctoral and masters students 14 June 2009

at:

http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/arsup/Cresswellqualitativemethods.pdf

I'd be very interested in showing how insights from cultural historical research can be integrated within educational research that addresses the theme of the 2013 AERA conference on poverty. I'm just getting proposals together to meet the deadline for proposals of the 23rd July.

In relation to your questions, especially about praxis, you might be interested in Marie Huxtable's Ph.D Thesis -

Marie Huxtable's Ph.D. (2012) Thesis, How do I Evolve Living-Educational-Theory Praxis in Living-boundaries?. Graduation 5th July 2012, University of Bath.

accessible from:

http://www.actionresearch.net/living/mariehuxtable.shtml

Love Jack.