Re: [xmca] Culture & Rationality

Could it be, then, that if something importantly facilitative happens in schools, it is due to the meta-language for talking about writing, rather than from writing itself? One could imagine that such a vocabulary could be learned out of school, also.

Though it remains possible that, a la Scriber and Cole, specific uses of writing in school have cognitive value.

Martin