Re: [xmca] empirical evidence

Francine, in places Marx referred to individuals being "carriers" of social conditions or social relations (agents in the Althusserian sense), but I have never heard of a distinction between different types of people: carriers vs manipulators. Does not sound like Marx to me.

Andy

larry smolucha wrote:
Message from Francine:
Didn't Marx make a distinction between the carriers (conformists), the inventors (who challenge thestatus quo) and the manipulators (exploiting people and natural resources)? Does anyone knowwhere that is found in Marx's writings?