Re: [xmca] Culture & Rationality: psychiatric disorders

As an aside: I think the differences between ICD and DSM may also be associated with original purposes:

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2009/10/icd-dsm.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_of_Mental_Disorders#History

In addition there is legacy with ICD that is also historical and international as the title implies:

http://www.who.int/entity/classifications/icd/en/HistoryOfICD.pdf

Cultural differences might also be found in the debate as to what should be and should not be included in DSM.

Peter Jones
Lancashire
UK
--