Re: [xmca] Fwd: The Privilege of Absurdity

Being part of a project or "system of activity" invariably involves sharing in the norms of belief which flow from the project's self-concept, and such norms almost invariably include a division of labour. And /within/ projects "equality" is far from a ubiquitous norm. I think everyone is a dupe to a nonparticipant in the project.

Andy

Greg Thompson wrote:
Jay,
I, for one, am deeply skeptical of how intentional are the "creations of
elites." The elites certainly benefit from these creations, but I think
that they are dupes just like the rest of us. The elites just happen to be
the "lucky" dupes (depending, of course, on what you mean by "lucky").

My sense is that it's dupes all the way down! (or "up," as the case may be).

-greg

p.s.  Seems better to look at the structure of the system for the key to
the problem.