[xmca] Cultural Synergy/Creativity

Message from Francine Smolucha;
The attachment contains a paper that I am writing titled aVygotskian Perspective on Cultural Synergy and Cultural Creativity.
It is a work in progress, that might be of interest to XMCA.
As usual, I am pioneering a new perspective. The main thesis is that Vygotsky's Theory of Creativitycan enhance our understanding of how ideas and tools fromdifferent cultures can be used to create new inventions andconceptual systems. Cultural exchanges throughout historyhave fueled creativity. The contemporary emphasis oncultural exchange as conflict and oppression, has obscuredthe creativity dimension. Understanding how the individual, group, and society creatively use ideas and tools from different cultures,will provide models for enhancing these skills.
Greetings from the south side of Chicago.