Re: [xmca] Identifying the Top Studies : adult learning

I would add Newman, Michael (1999) Maeler’s Regard: Images of adult
learning (1999) and Frank Yougman (2000) The Political Economy of
Adult Education and Development.

On 5/14/12, mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible and /interesting to put ip briefesh "Anotated bib" for
> this set of favorites . I do not know anything about sow of them so that
> naming does help.
> Probably same for Sheriif and Sheriif.
> .
> Mike
>
> On May 13, 2012, at 5:12 PM, Helena Worthen <helena.worthen@berkeley.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd vote for Knud Illeris's Adult Education as well as his Contemporary
>> Theories of Learning: Learning theorists in their own words.  You probably
>> started with Paulo Freire, right? And of course Kohl's book, The Long
>> Haul, co-written by the two of them, about Myles Horton, the American
>> Freire. And there are a number of good books by Canadians, including Peter
>> Sawchuk and David Livingstone's Hidden Knowledge.
>>
>> Helena
>>

>> Helena Worthen
>> helena.worthen@berkeley.edu
>> 21 San Mateo Road
>> Berkeley, CA 94707
>> Visiting Scholar, UCB Center for Labor Research and Education
>> 510-828-2745
>>
>> On May 13, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Laure Kloetzer wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to extend Mike's question, as I am beginning a research on
>>> the
>>> psychology of learning (adult learning). Which books/papers would you
>>> consider remarkable regarding adult learning in the past 20 years ?
>>> Best regards,
>>> LK

Dr. Elinami Swai
Senior Lecturer,
Department of Adult and Distance Education
Faculty of Education
Open University of Tanzania
P.O.Box 23409
Dar-Es-Salaam
Tell:255-022-2668992/2668820/2668445/26687455
 Fax:022-2668759
Cell: (255) 076-722-8353; (255) 068-722-8353
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Womens-Empowerment-Africa-Dislocation/dp/
0230102484
        ...this faith will still deliver
        If you live it first to last