Re: [xmca] a new journal

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend any references regarding (b) body, emotion and
intuition within analysis and research?

I am a third year grad student at Arizona State and my cognate is
emotion. I find (b) body, emotion and intuition within analysis and
research" really interesting and I would love to read more.

Paz, David

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Robert Lake
<boblake@georgiasouthern.edu> wrote:
> *Hi Lois,*
> *This sounds intriguing but there is no attachment.*
> *RL*
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Lois Holzman <lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
>> wrote:
>
>> Attached is a call for papers for a new journal based in Brazil on
>> “Integrative Methodologies—the term  gives us the possibility of acting in
>> several areas of knowledge in order to overcome the dichotomies common
>> within the modern science. That is to say, we work in order to promote the
>> reconnection of several dimensions: (a) creativity, art and ethics with
>> science; (b) body, emotion and intuition within analysis and research; (c)
>> improvisation, playfulness and openness to novelty, within method."
>>
>> I thought it might appeal to some XMCA-ers, but please pass it along to
>> others as well. I've been told the May 30 deadline is not hard and fast.
>> Lois
>>

>> Don't forget to check out the latest at http://loisholzman.org
>>
>> Lois Holzman, Ph.D.
>> Director, East Side Institute for Group and Short Term Psychotherapy
>> 920 Broadway, 14th floor
>> New York NY 10010
>> Chair, Global Outreach for All Stars Project UX
>> tel. 212.941.8906 ext. 324
>> fax 718.797.3966
>> lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org
>> www.eastsideinstitute.org
>> www.performingtheworld.org
>> loisholzman.org
>> www.allstars.org
>> http://esicommunitynews.wordpress.com/

> --
> *Robert Lake  Ed.D.
> *Assistant Professor
> Social Foundations of Education
> Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
> Georgia Southern University
> P. O. Box 8144
> Phone: (912) 478-5125
> Fax: (912) 478-5382
> Statesboro, GA  30460
>
>  *Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
> midwife.*
> *-*John Dewey.

David Isaac Hernandez-Saca
Ph.D. Student
Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education Leadership
for School-Wide Equity and Access Doctoral Program
Arizona State University (ASU)
Mary Lou Teachers College
Tempe, Arizona

Equity Alliance at ASU
Arizona State University
PO Box 876103
Tempe AZ 85287-6103
david.hernandezsaca@asu.edu

Have you seen our Language Differences Media Lab?  Find
practitioner-oriented videos and resources for teaching students who
are English language learners or speakers of African American English
(AAE).

‎"Along with great promise, American culture has given education
terrible problems and few conceptual tools for finding solutions. Our
job is to confront current arrangements enough to do research that
delivers on the promise of equality and excellence for all."

- Ray McDermott