[xmca] cultural-historical research SIG of AERA

Dear colleagues, the AERA Cultural-Historical SIG has a new set of officers beginning May 1. I'll list them below. Meanwhile, I hope that xmca members who belong to AERA both join the SIG, and submit proposals to the program this summer. The more proposals the SIG receives, the more program space it gets.

Chair: Peter Smagorinsky
Program Chairs/The Real Chairs: Emily Duvall and Carrie Lobman
Secretary/Treasurer: Monica Hansen
Communications chair (officially, newsletter editor, which is a brand-new role for the SIG): Jenna McWilliams

I'm sure that we'll all be bugging you to contribute to the program as proposers and reviewers, so be on the alert for announcements and appeals and outright begging for your services.

Thx,p

Peter Smagorinsky<http://www.coe.uga.edu/~smago/vita/vitaweb.htm>
Distinguished Research Professor<http://www.ovpr.uga.edu/docs/policies/iga/DRP-Guidelines.pdf> of<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/of> English Education<http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/english/secondary/index.html>
Department of Language and Literacy Education<http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/english/secondary/index.html>
The University of Georgia<http://www.uga.edu/>
125 Aderhold Hall<http://www.coe.uga.edu/about/directions.html>
Athens<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athens,_Georgia>,<http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/607/02/> GA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)> 30602<http://www.city-data.com/zips/30602.html>

Advisor, Journal of Language and Literacy Education<http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/>