[xmca] FW: Three New Book Reviews from Education Review

Given the C-H Research SIG's play-oriented business meeting in Vancouver, and followup discussion here, perhaps some might find the book by Meier et al. to be of interest. p

From: Education Review, a Journal of Book Reviews in Education [mailto:EDREV@asu.edu] On Behalf Of Gene Glass
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 11:51 AM
To: EDREV@ASU.EDU
Subject: Three New Book Reviews from Education Review

[banner-for-email.jpg]

The Education Review is an open access ("free-to-read") journal that has published more than 3,000 reviews of books in education continuously since 1998. The Education Review has just published a new book review.

  *   Berry, Barnett & Teachersolutions 2030 Team. (2011) Teaching 2030: What We Must Do for Our Students and Our Public Schools Now and in the Future. NY: Teachers College Press. Reviewed by Molly Bullock, Stanford University
  *   Meier, Deborah; Engel, Brenda S. & Taylor, Beth. (2010) Playing for Keeps: Life and Learning on a Public School Playground. NY: Teachers College Press. Reviewed by Kenneth J. Bernstein, Eleanor Roosevelt High School
  *   Woodhouse, Howard. (2009) Selling Out: Academic Freedom and the Corporate Market. Montreal, QC & Kingston, ON: McGillQueen's University Press. Reviewed by Peter Chiaramonte, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education/University of Toronto
These reviews can be accessed at http://www.edrev.info
Gene V Glass, Editor for English  glass@edrev.info<http://www.edrev.info:2095/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/compose.php?send_to=glass%40edrev.info>
Gustavo Fischman, Editor for Spanish & Portuguese  fischman@edrev.info<http://www.edrev.info:2095/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/compose.php?send_to=fischman%40edrev.info>
Melissa Cast-Brede, Co-Editor for English  cast-brede@edrev.info<http://www.edrev.info:2095/3rdparty/squirrelmail/src/compose.php?send_to=cast-brede%40edrev.info>

Education Review is a project of the National Education Policy Center at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Follow Education Review on Facebook at http://tinyurl.com/29jtg7l