Re: [xmca] adult affordances

Andrew and Martin
The turn this thread has taken is fascinating [and also troubling because
*owning* is so  pervasive]
Andrew, your comment,

children's contributions to household work in these communities are largely
bound to personal domains of responsibility and that those domains are
delimited by fairness
principles: children are responsible for things they "own" (their things,
spaces, messes).

The question of contributing to and taking responsibility for things that
are personally *owned* ties into the comments Greg contributed on Western
ethno-psychology that posits self-control and self-responsibility as the
ground rules for a *way of life* [and the language-games that sustain this
value of personal ownership.]

Are *ways of life* such as described above able to be transformed
intentionally?? It seems it will take more than merely *knowledge* or
*awareness*

Larry