Re: [xmca] FW: Invitation to Submit an Article

Funny this topic has come up here, as I received the below email just a few
days ago. Is this a fishy one too? The appeal to vanity is pretty clear in
the line " I have had an opportunity to read your paper: Informing new
string programmes: Lessons learned from an Australian experience which was
published in British Journal of Music Education. Volume 28, Issue 3, 2011.
Through your works, I know you are an expert in the field of education."

I was the fourth named author of this article and only worked on the first
draft of it as a Research Assistant before I even began my PhD 3 years ago,
so I hardly think that a reader of this one article can be assured that I
am an expert in education! With my suspicions already aroused, the later
mention of a publication fee (which is pretty easy to miss - but I did see
it) sent this email to the bin until this thread made me dig it out again
and look a bit closer. The website certainly looks pretty legit and I
finally found that the publication fee is $400US. With the promised
turnaround time of 1-2 weeks for review I can see how junior academics
under the pump to publish might be tempted - but impoverished PhD students
who have been turned off trying to enter academia certainly won't be!

Dear Helen Grimmett,

I'm the editor of International Education Studies (ISSN 1913-9020) which is
a peer-reviewed journal, bimonthly, published in February, April, June,
August, October and December by Canadian Center of Science and
Education<http://ccsenet.org/web/>(CCSE). I have had an opportunity to
read your paper: Informing
new string programmes: Lessons learned from an Australian experience which
was published in British Journal of Music Education. Volume 28, Issue 3,
2011. Through your works, I know you are an expert in the field of
education.

International Education Studies is an open access journal publishes (ISSN
1913-9020) *original unpublished* quality research work. A scholarly peer
reviewed journal deals with the disciplines of education studies. It is
included in the below list: *DOAJ*, *EBSCOhost*, *ProQuest*,
*Ulrich's*, *Library
and Archives Canada* and so on… Please find more information at:
http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ies/about/editorialPolicies#custom-0

IES publish research work of considerable interest that contributes to
theoretical bases of contemporary developments in the field of education.

You can submit your work as an email attachment at: ies@ccsenet.org for
publication or submit manuscripts online at
http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ies/about/submissions.

*Paper Selection and Publication Process*

a)        Upon receipt of paper submission, the Editor sends an E-mail of
confirmation to the corresponding author within 1-3 working days. If you
fail to receive this confirmation, your submission/email may be missed.

b)        Peer review. We use double-blind system for peer-review; both
reviewers and authors’ identities remain anonymous. The paper will be
peer-reviewed by three experts; one is an editorial staff and the other two
are external reviewers. The review process may take 1-2 weeks.

c)        Notification of the result of review by E-mail.

d)       The authors revise paper and pay publication fee.

e)        After publication, the corresponding author will receive two
copies of printed journals, free of charge. If you want to keep more
copies, please contact with the editor before making an order.

f)         E-journal in PDF available on the journal’s webpage, free of
charge for download.

Authors should write and format their manuscript according to guidelines
given at http://ccsenet.org/web/submissionguide.html.

IES encourages submission in but not limited to subjects of education,
training and educational administration and applied work in the field of
higher education and relevant subjects. The journal is published in both
printed and online versions. The online version is free access and
download.

IES also invite qualified researchers to join editorial team as reviewers.
If you are interested, please find the application form and details at:
http://ccsenet.org/web/reviewer.html.

More information about our journal, please log on its website:
http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ies/index or contact with us at:
ies@ccsenet.org

It is highly appreciated if you could share the above message to your
colleagues and academic networks. Thanks!

Best Regards

Chris Lee
Editor
International Education Studies
Canadian Center of Science and Education
Add: 4915 Bathurst St. Unit #209-309, Toronto, ON. M2R 1X9
Tel: 1-416-642-2606 ext.206
Fax: 1-416-642-2608
E-mail: ies@ccsenet.org
Website:  www.ccsenet.org