Re: [xmca] Re: [Mind Culture Activity] Andy Blunden changed the group description

Am I the last person in the world to be a Facebook refusenik? I have resisted joining because of privacy and control issues plus knowing that if I did it would take too much of my time.

I am on Twitter though. Maybe we could hold XMCA discussions there - 140 characters to explain the ZPD!

Bruce Robinson

Christine Schweighart wrote:
Hi,
 I recently made posts to facebook, I'd been discussing related topics on
xmca - but the threads had fizzled and an  opening appeared on Facebook
which I related. [I discovered more about Gendlin and both he and Vasilyuk
both value 'the peripheral' in very different ways examining
'experiencing}. I acquired very helpful URL links to read about Gendlin.
I began by commenting that Facebook could not be searched - and was aware
that this was a  temporal 'island'. However if the rare occurence happens
would it be worthwhile to say:'Let's transfer this over to xmca'? The
archiving and searching through the LCHC site is quite helpful - but XMCA
itself - I haven't figured out how to search well. As it works in e-mail
postings, I find I search my mailbox for recent topics if I find I want to
remember something that comes back to be 'important' again.

Facebook has potential for opening to people who do not know about xmca  ,
just through the topic of the group -through curiosity.  Perhaps this
article might be interesting to read to think about what Facebook might
'do' that  the listserve wouldn't?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/opinion/sunday/the-death-of-the-cyberflaneur.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all
Christine.