Re: [xmca] [Mind Culture Activity] Andy Blunden changed the group description

Mike, I have been thinking about this - since every time something gets posted to the mca group on Facebook I get an irritating reminder email!

My thought is that what goes on Facebook may be archived - but it may be not. What gets said on xmca is recorded (for both better and worse!) and can be searched, mined, and marveled at. Facebook may disappear tomorrow. So I worry about the fact that our debates might be migrating onto a social media site. The record there for posterity depends solely on the whims of Mark Zuckerberg.

Martin