Re: [xmca] Bruner on Vygotsky

Whoa, it would be great if you sent along the pdf, Bill.

I am really interested in the AL and DI alternatives, too. Before
commenting, I would rather read and come up to date on what the current
Englemann is about in Australia. Unlike many here, I am an amateur in my
knowledge of Halliday's work which I see as very similar to what I have
been able to put together from the teachings of my colleagues.

I am more or less floored by the idea that the ideas upon which DI were
founded are unexceptional. When you misunderstand things as badly as I
evidently do in this case, best to sit down and wait for
some more information.

A question: What do you believe to be the relationship between the idea of
a Zone of Proximal Develoment and scaffolding? Are they synonyms? Can they
be joined as in Zoped/scaffolding?  If not, why not? I know that views on
this matter differ widely. I think that one's answer might guide the
development of curricula.

All very informative.
mike