Re: [xmca] FW: new Vimeo

Peter, thanks for posting this.

And, Larry: classy as always, at least from what I've gathered in reading your regular remarks.

I hadn't really thought of the word 'background' (features, functions), but it lends a new dimension to my understanding of how these preconceptual thought processes lay the groundwork for other types of concepts.  Where you have named background/foreground, I was thinking kind of more of a ground/up dimension.

Why do I get the feeling that Andy's gonna come along and caution against both -- which keeps happening to me as I try to work my way through all these distinctions : )

Like, Andy says that syncretic thinking can't be concepts, but it's still part of the process of the development of concepts...so it's not, but it is...

Linearly, no?  Holistically, yes?  Idk...

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone