Re: [xmca] varying definitions of perezhivanie

Dear Haydi,
 Your first two links go to Jack Whitehead's work. I met Jack through his
interpretation of 'living contradiction' - which in the conditions of
educational practice becomes an agonistic problem-structuring around 'how
can I? . For me this 'I' reflects conditions of practice where enquirers
begin in an 'unempowered' reflection - not conditions of activity
theoretical development. It is possible maybe that a journey can arise and
expand from there....

However, despite encountering Jack's work, i did not encounter Vasilyuk
from his writing ar in discussion with him- rather I became interested in
work I found appearing here as I express and  set out in a message to
another who knew of him:

"I was looking on
this database at the topics being worked on in this journal:
http://psyjournals.ru/en/sps/2011/n1/44335.shtml
 Mainly because the website translates into english. I can't recall
exactly how I focused on him in particular , but I went to his web
page and the book title looked interesting, so I found it in a second
hand bookshop. ( It has a dedication -by the author I think) £7.77.
When it came I couldn't believe what I encounterd brought together -
still haven't been able to read  it  'fully', as I want to notice what I
notice (
if you know what I mean - I don't want to 'lose' it).
So I held back and then 'googled' him/the work - unbelievably I found
Jack Whitehead had  been writing about him... That was the order of
encounter. I did not read Jack's page - just enought to wonder if he
grabbed a bit in a form useful to him at the time ( perhaps no harm -
but potentially devastating if it's dissociated from its relations and
future students etc will 'hit into it') - and that is not my interest
[directly]...

 My interest is to work through how he brings 'value' - not to follow
him but to 'imagine' myself how that impacts the dynamics of  -motive
( and therefore all other relations) BUT this is to see if it explains
my difficulty,  and I think  that will be productive."

At that point I set out my question re biography to Andy- and I need to
revisit that.
 Christine