Re: [xmca] new videos from ISCAR

Yes, Luisa has done some hard work for all of us who could not make it to Rome, and video recorded the talks she listened to. We have:

http://vimeo.com/groups/chat/videos/32996534
Agency in Education. Authorial learning and teaching. Eugene Matusov

http://vimeo.com/groups/chat/videos/32999280
Emotions in the Classroom by Mabel Encinas
This is my favourite, and received 35 hits in the week after it was uploaded. It is an overview of Vygotsky on the emotions, also drawing on xmca discussions a while back, with illustrations drawn from a classroom in Mexico.

http://vimeo.com/groups/chat/videos/33065122
Experiencing Language, Elinor Ochs, Anthropology UCLA

http://vimeo.com/groups/chat/videos/33191392
Reconfiguring Agency at the Human-Computer Interface, Lucy Suchman

http://vimeo.com/groups/chat/videos/33855352
Elena Sokolova on Dialectical Psychology
This one can serve to illustrate what David Kellogg has been talking about in terms of the difference between XMCA discussions and the some of the legacy of A N Leontyev

Andy
Luisa Aires wrote:

Dear XMCAers,

You can find some videos uploaded on Vimeo that have been recorded at ISCAR Rome Congress. Those videos are “amateur” recordings of very interesting scientific moments. Andy did an excellent editing.
We hope you enjoy them: http://vimeo.com/groups/39473/

I wish you a happy New Year.

Best wishes,

Luísa A.