[xmca] Re: Incorporating "reflexivity" as a central concept

I wanted to add Archer's concern with what she refers to as "hydraulic"
metaphors whether social or psychological.  Hydraulic metaphors privilege
"pushes and pulls" as DETERMINATIVE effects and from Archer's perspective
are reductive. They leave no room for agency or what she refers to as
"reflexivity"
Shotter's exploring what he calls the "temporal shape" or rhythum of
"co-regulating" dynamics as "tasks" that are emergent and not "abilities"
that are finished projects also seems relevant to the
exploration of the contours of reflexivity
He refers to Ryle's work contrasting "achievement verbs" with "task verbs"
Task verbs express a sequence of action TOWARDS a destination. [for example
"trying"] Achievement verbs point to the arrival at the destination [for
example "are"]

Shotter's exploring the moment by moment movement within utterences as
"movement" speaks to the "task" of dialogical utterances.  Archer's project
is exploring the "inner dialogical conversation" which she terms
"reflexivity"

LINKING Shotter and Archer's notions of dialogical co-regulation and
Archer's notion's of self-regulation as a developmental emergence of
"agency" in the ongoing engagements within "tasks" that have a definite
"temporal shape" also seems to be a concept that V. Zinchenko was exploring.

Just further musings

Larry