[xmca] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Job Announcement - Assistant or Associate Professor - Developmental Psychology

Ought to be of interest to some here.
mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ellen Stark <Ellen.Stark@csi.cuny.edu>
Date: Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:58 AM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Job Announcement - Assistant or Associate Professor -
Developmental Psychology
To: "cogdevsoc@virginia.edu" <cogdevsoc@virginia.edu>

 *Assistant or Associate Professor - Developmental Psychology *

*The College of Staten Island – The City University of New York (CUNY)*

The Psychology Department at the College of Staten Island (CSI) is seeking
candidates for an anticipated tenure-track position as an Assistant or
Associate Professor beginning Fall 2012. The candidate will be expected to
teach child or lifespan development, an experimental lab course in child
development, and advanced electives in their area of expertise. Candidates
should demonstrate a strong interest in undergraduate teaching as well as
mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in research.

In addition to our undergraduate program, our Psychology department has
Masters programs in Mental Health Counseling and in Neuroscience,
Developmental Disabilities, & Mental Retardation. Psychology faculty are
encouraged to be actively involved in our Masters program and in CSI's
Center for Developmental Neuroscience. In addition, many of our faculty
have appointments in one or more of the eleven Psychology Ph.D. programs at
the CUNY Graduate Center. Visit the Psychology Department Website at
http://163.238.8.180/~psy/index.htm .

The College is centrally located on a 204-acre park-like campus, the
largest in New York City. CSI is one of 11 senior colleges of the City
University of New York. The College offers associate, baccalaureate and
master degree programs, and participates in the challenging doctoral
programs of the City University Graduate School and University Center. The
College enrolls approximately 14,000 students and employs more than 2,000
faculty and staff. Located on a 204-acre park-like campus, CSI is the
largest collegiate site in New York City. CSI boasts an advanced, networked
infrastructure and is developing a high performance computational center
that will support technology-based research, teaching, and learning
throughout CUNY.

The College of Staten Island is committed to a diverse work environment
that reflects the multicultural makeup of our student body. The successful
candidate will be dedicated to inclusion and excellence. The Search
Committee is especially interested in candidates who can contribute,
through their research, teaching and/or service, to the diversity of the
academic community. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or experience
working with diverse populations are particularly encouraged to apply.

 The successful applicant must have a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree at the
time of appointment and a promising research program in developmental
psychology broadly defined; expertise in perceptual or socio-cultural
development strongly preferred.

Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience.

To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu ; select Employment, Search Job
Listings, More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs, then enter the Job ID
#4943.  Please attach a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the
name, address and telephone number of three references.  This job closes on
December 18, 2011.

We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively
encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to
apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek
excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

Ellen T. Stark

Office of the Provost

College of Staten Island

2800 Victory Blvd., Room 1A-303

Staten Island, NY 10314

(718)-982-2319; (718) 982-2442 (FAX)

*Change is in the Air - *Smoking in Designated Areas Only in
effect.<http://www.csi.cuny.edu/tobaccofree>
*Tobacco-Free Campus as of July 1, 2012.*

Leave the message body blank.

For other information about the listserv, including how to update your email
address and how to subscribe, visit http://www.cogdevsoc.org/listserv.php