Re: [xmca] The Armlessness of Venus

David
you wrote

Of course, writing is an artefact, and so is speech. But they are not,
contrary to what Derrida contends, artefacts by virtue of a common origin in
some kind of Ur-grammar of absence-presence. Speech is mutually
transformative the way that thoughts are, while writing is far more
impermeable and far more able to transform the environment in long lasting
ways.

This recognition of writing [and I assume transformative works of
narrativity] as creations of cultural memory [and cultural forgetting
because whatever you illuminate leaves some narrative in the dark] as more
durable than "mere talk" is an important insight. However I would suggest
unless the writer has had intersubjective experiences which support
"situated agency" the writer won't have the volition to write the book.

Larry