Re: [xmca] Fw: Theory & Psychology Table of Contents for Cultural-historical activity theory and interventionist methodology: Classical legacy and contemporary developments: 1 October 2011; Vol. 21, No. 5

Thank you! Perfect timing, as I am about to revisit my methodology chapter
again and there is a lot here that should be helpful.

Sutter's article is particularly interesting as he discusses the need for
research which treats the joint activity of the researcher and the other
participants in the developmental project itself as the object of analysis
(rather than focussing on the practice of the other participants). I have
actually inadvertently stumbled into doing this type of research (looking at
the actual practice of teacher' professional development itself rather than
studying the consequences of the PD on the teachers' practice) due to issues
with data collection in my original project, so it is good to know that
others see a need for this as a way of extending interventionist research.

Cheers,
Helen

Helen Grimmett
PhD Student, Teaching Associate