Re: [xmca] ISCAR (review)

Christine, Andy

Mike's questioning the impact of XMCA and your responses are expressions of
the hope & trust [can I say faith?] that bridges and paths are required.
Christine, you wrote,

 "It's surprised me to find so much - and also undertand  differences and
how this flourishes in distinctions in the dialogue of xmca. Perhaps
becoming aware currently forming  distinctions  by following dialogue
created in this medium and it's reference to journals and other works does
make an important bridge."

Becoming "aware" through dialogue and showings is the answer to Mike's
question, but becoming aware in a particular form of dialogue. A dialogue of
trust  rather than suspicion or need for certainty.  Wayfaring as In*forming
paths and bridges.
Tony's quote from Adorno pointed out that concepts are immanent from the
perspective of "mind".  From Merleau-Ponty's framework we could say that
concepts are immanent from the perspective of incarnated "body-subjects".
>From the perspective of being/becoming concepts are transcendent in the
sense of potential or possibility that is inherently anticipatory &
MULTIPLE.  When concepts are in*formed [becoming actualized  and
materialized] as expressed [immanent in worlded body-subjects] wayfaring
proceeds and concepts become sedimented.
Mike, the key point is the inherent multiplicity of immanence and the
inherent multiplicity of sedimentation  [not determination] UNTIL
conclusions are arrived at.  Merleau-Ponty's notion of the world as EXCESS
captures the awareness that our theories bring us to this moment of
multiplicity and transcendence looking forward in our wayfaring which
require bridges and paths as well as transcendence as we arrive at this
moment and form conclusions of where to place our next step. At the moment
of taking the next step [a moment of conclusion] transcendence in*forms
immanence.  My bias is to see these "concluding" next steps as
intersubjectively formed and negotiated withIN mediated, sedimented
worlds that bring us to the transcendent world(s) that call us and to which
we must respond [or turn away]. It is how we are "ethically" called by the
other that in*forms whether we respond or turn away from the other's call.
This forum incarnates a mediating space [place?] of ethical responding to
the others calls.

Christine, I share your experience of XMCA as a place of trusting dialogue
that contains uncertainty and multiplicity and EXCESS.  This forum expresses
an ethical committment to wayfaring and opening paths of exploration.

One bridge worth taking is to connect  and engage with Ingold's path finding
ways.

Larry