Re: [xmca] Space, neighbourhood, dwelling in, in*formation as notions with a "family resemblance"

I struggle to keep up with the dialogue (although I welcome the reading for the darker nights). I note quite a bit of overlap in some of the themes represented at a recent workshop on 'information' which may be of interest to xmca?:
The Difference that Makes a Difference: an interdisciplinary workshop on information and technology
http://www.dtmd2011.info/

The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
Dates: 7-9 September 2011

A key focus was a unified theory of information - one that can be applied and bridge the usual round of dichotomies - objective - subjective; science - humanities ... (three future workshops *may* follow).

The slides and presentations (audio) will appear in due course c/o the organizers.

I have blogged about the event:

http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/2011/09/aftermath-ii-of-difference-that-makes.html

Regards,

Peter Jones
http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/
Hodges' Health Career - Care Domains - Model
http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/
h2cm: help2Cmore - help-2-listen - help-2-care
http://twitter.com/h2cm