Re: [xmca] ISCAR

Hi, we have just seen Marianne Hedegaard win the service medal to ISCAR,
which she didn't know about and she is such a stalwart that she deserves
over and over!!

Elinor Ochs is from linguistic/cultural anthropology, which I think may be
seen to be hostile to to study of language: that we stand on the same
platform as her is a testament to the breath and width of CHAT, but does
leave me puzzled. Yes, she does try to rescue language.

Carol

On 7 September 2011 10:23, Paul Moore <paulmoor@uow.edu.au> wrote:

> I guess no one has managed to record anything yet? Elinor Ochs has just
> started (10:00am Rome is 6pm Australia) but I'm unable to record and I've
> got bandwidth problems - though it's now coming through OK on Windows Media.
> Very clear shots of ppt slides and the speakers.
>
> Paul Moore
> PS Andy - the streaming file is available at
> http://www.iscar2011.org/eng/WEB_TV_LIVE.php and the program is available
> at http://www.iscar2011.org/eng/general_program.php with Keynotes at 9am
> and 10am Rome time every day

*"All labour that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be
undertaken with painstaking excellence."*
*-  Martin Luther King, Jr.*
**
*Visiting Lecturer
Wits School of Education