Re: [xmca] distance learning

Hi Denise

Although I teach at a distance education university, I also “live” in xmca
:-)

A group like this doesn´t appear with a “click”. This community has very
interesting, solidary and supportive people with  high scientific level.

And, of course, this is an important *place* in my daily routine.

Best, Luísa

On 23 August 2011 06:28, Newnham Denise <dsnewnham@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> HI all xmca's
>
> I am doing my PhD with Bath and live in Switzerland that means that I spend
> many hours alone in front of books and texts attempting to understand what
> is going on. It is extremely lonely at times and although the collective
> learning can be understood to come through the words of the authors there
> are no minds to bounce off. I would really like to thank all xmca's for
> their interesting and mind opening debates. Sometimes when I am stuck
> suddenly someone writes on just that problem area. These debates are what
> makes me keep going and where I feel that I belong to a collective mind.
>

> I actually recommend to distance learning institutions to do something
> similar even if it is only internal,  it is really psychologically
> (cognitive etc) a great help and comfort.
>

> Thank you all
>
> Denise

Luísa Aires
Universidade Aberta, Delegação do Porto