[xmca] distance learning

HI all xmca's

I am doing my PhD with Bath and live in Switzerland that means that I spend
many hours alone in front of books and texts attempting to understand what
is going on. It is extremely lonely at times and although the collective
learning can be understood to come through the words of the authors there
are no minds to bounce off. I would really like to thank all xmca's for
their interesting and mind opening debates. Sometimes when I am stuck
suddenly someone writes on just that problem area. These debates are what
makes me keep going and where I feel that I belong to a collective mind.

I actually recommend to distance learning institutions to do something
similar even if it is only internal,  it is really psychologically
(cognitive etc) a great help and comfort.

Thank you all

Denise