Re: [xmca] Living metaphor and conventionalized language

Tony
It is fsacinating that the root of the term refers to scissors or "cutting"
and in the modern world view the "cutting" PRECEDES the "con" or "context.
Karen Barad has coined the term "agential CUTS" and uses this term to point
to the INTRA-activity as PRECEDING the presumed cuts [which form
boundaries]. It is within the movement [development, history] that "agential
cuts EMERGE from the holistic dwelling in the world [as EXCESS and
overflowing our particular agential cuts.  If the agential cuts emerge FROM
the movement of development [and not precede the movement of discrete
entities that interact as PRE-existing objects in a predicative
INTER-activity] then how WE come to use the scissors within con-scientia
[INTRA-activity] will come to constitute the objects [as derivative].  If
there is some merit to this TYPE of movement then "agential cuts" or using
scissors to CREATE EMERGING boundaries is central to development.

These are new ideas I'm playing with but they seem to point in a promising
direction if we only pay ATTENTION to the SHOWINGS of people like Vygotsky,
Martin, John Shotter, Ingold, Karen Barad, and others who are exploring
becoming "for-itself THROUGH others.

Larry