[xmca] RE: xmca Digest, Vol 75, Issue 7, Subject: Bladeless Knives Without Handles (David Kellogg)

Dear David

Thank you for the focusing on the
content of the Ray’s article and valuable comments. That is wat I wanted
everybody to do. I put in XMCA my comments on Rey’s paper as well.

However, I would like to say
something else.

You wrote:

“my remarks were not really personalist or ad hominem in any way. The proof is,
perhaps, that you yourself are not really able to reliable attach them to
the person for whom they were meant”.

Probably I am
not really able to reliably attach them to the person whom they were meant.
However, I am
not blind and I am able to read.

You wrote: (1) “Both Rey
and Veresov emphasize NEGATION in their periodization” and (2) “Both Rey and
Veresov stress that they are the FIRST to make this distinction...”

These are
your words, David. So, your remarks about
extravagant claims of priority and extreme claims about periodization are
really directed to both Rey and Veresov. In my reply I did not want to speak for Rey, I
just said that (1) I do not emphasize  negation and do not stress ABSOLUTE difference
between the early Vygotsky and middle Vygotsky, (2) I do not split off early
Vygotsky from Marxism and (3)I do not stress that I am THE FIRST to make the
distinction. Of course you are free to criticize me, however please could you
be so kind not to ascribe to me what I never said or did. Thank you.

Nikolai Veresov

> Dear Professor Veresov:

But if you read what I wrote (below) I think you will see that my remarks were not really personalist or ad hominem in any way. The proof is, perhaps, that you yourself are not really able to reliable attach them to the person for whom they were meant.