[xmca] FW: Call for RTE Board

From: RTE Journal [mailto:ed-rte-journal@mx.uillinois.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:48 PM
To: Dyson, Anne Haas; McCarthey, Sarah Jane; awysocki@uwm.edu; bazerman@education.ucsb.edu; cdlee@northwestern.edu; cindy.odonnell-allen@colostate.edu; Donna E Alvermann; dk64@nyu.edu; dlbrandt@wisc.edu; edwards6@msu.edu; eubanks1@niu.edu; cgeisler@sfu.ca; ghillock@midway.uchicago.edu; gvaldes@stanford.edu; jlarson@warner.rochester.edu; jmswales@umich.edu; lsarroub2@unl.edu; mmjuzwik@msu.edu; moje@umich.edu; morrell@gseis.ucla.edu; mwsmith@temple.edu; Paul.Matsuda@asu.edu; rbeach@umn.edu; sd100@le.ac.uk; Shelby.wolf@colorado.edu; Peter Smagorinsky; smither4@msu.edu; strickla@rci.rutgers.edu; t.m.lillis@open.ac.uk; taffy@uic.edu; christiane.donahue@dartmouth.edu; Victoria.purcell-gates@ubc.ca; Barbara.Comber@unisa.edu.au; Anne.Dipardo@Colorado.edu; jfitzger@email.unc.edu; pmanyak@uwyo.edu; bmaloch@mail.utexas.edu; Melanie Sperling; worthy@mail.utexas.edu; HAWISHER, GAIL E; abtperkins@lfc.edu; kahinchm@syr.edu; Jeffrey LYNN Marsh; Moller, Karla Jean; rkg3@psu.edu; kris.gutierrez@Colorado.EDU; Django.Paris@asu.edu; rodriguezt@duq.edu; ktellez@ucsc.edu
Subject: Call for RTE Board

Dear RTE Board members,

We hope this note finds you all well.  We are writing to let you know
about a current call (attached below) that we have developed for a
special themed issue on writing research outside of the U.S.

In our initial editors' introduction, one of the themes we highlighted
was the growing role of globalization. Over the past several years, we
have gotten a number of submissions from international authors/sites.
However, other than a few articles from researchers in Canada, we have
not received manuscripts that fit our mission well. Many have been
small empirical studies of very specific ESL issues (e.g., a small
study of a way of teaching EFL vocabulary in country x); a few have
presented stronger arguments, but as literature review or theoretical
reflection, while we have chosen to focus on research reports (outside
of some invited work). Thus, for our final issue, we are hoping to
focus on some of the excellent research on writing that we know is
taking place outside of the U.S. The value of somewhat different
traditions of research and theory as well as of different educational
and social conditions will, we hope, make for an interesting issue
that forwards the international dialogue on writing theory, research,
and pedagogy.

We have attached the call. If your own research fits within the
parameters of this call, we hope you will seriously consider
submitting a manuscript. Otherwise, we hope that you may be able to
forward this call to individuals or groups who you think would be
likely candidates for such a special issue.

As always, we very much appreciate the many ways you as Board members
have assisted us, the journal, and the field through your generous
service.

Best,

Paul Prior, Sarah McCarthey, and Mark Dressman

Research in the Teaching of English
Graduate College of Education
1310 S. Sixth St
Champaign, IL 61820