Re: [xmca] Re: ye

Yes, I saw the ambiguity in what you were saying and I plumped for "the theorised". As to "the theorizing," yes, I agree. All sorts of pitfalls in trying to do that of course ...

Andy

Tony Whitson wrote:
Andy,

I think you are applying these notions (and such is the treacherousness of what we're playing at: that "application" has an elaborated menaing in Gadamer, while "notions" has an elaborated meaning in Hegel, and we can't talk about any of these issues without using the terminolgy that is determined within the Discourses or theoretical Activities that we are trying to talk about) ... but, I think your are applying these notions to the theorized, while I was applying them to the theorizing. It hadn't occured to me to think about this difference. So I was suggesting that instead of suggesting that Discourse Theory and Activity Theory "assimilate" each other's gains, that we think in terms of a potential fusion of the horizon of DT with that of AT. Your response suggests that my suggestion may be presuming both theorizings to be "situated" within one of the theorizeds. That would be provocative of thought, were it not too late now in the New York time zone for that kind of thinking.

thanks.