[xmca] Book Review: Loving + Hating Math, Reuben Hersh & Vera John-Steiner

Our own Vera John-Steiner has co-authored a book on mathematical culture
which I have reviewed for submission to Journal for Research in
Mathematics Education.

It's a wonderful accomplishment (the book, not the review), for reasons
explained in the attachment. I don't say much about Vera's role as
co-author, but it was substantial, involving co-planning out the book
and writing the first draft of some of the chapters.

David

Loving + Hating Mathematics: Challenging the Myths of Mathematical Life
(2011). Reuben Hersh & Vera John-Steiner. Princeton University Press.