Re: [xmca] My new Website and Blog

Jay,
 Happy birthday and thanks for sharing! You advice to young researchers is
invaluable. I wish I had someone to share this wisdom with me when I needed.
I support your analysis of the state of public school education in the
United States. Your site invites to a meaningful conversation!
Elina

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Jay Lemke <jaylemke@umich.edu> wrote:

> Just in time for my birthday, I'm announcing my new website and blog,
> updating the old ones from Michigan and New York. Many pdfs of paper, course
> syllabi and bibliographies, my new work on feeling and meaning, digital
> media and learning, play, and soon to include assessment, etc. Plus
> occasionally some personal politics and my inveterate habit of making
> trouble!
>
> All comments and reports of problems most welcome!
>
> JAY.
>
> http://www.jaylemke.com/
>

> Jay Lemke
> Senior Research Scientist
> Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition
> University of California - San Diego
> 9500 Gilman Drive
> La Jolla, California 92093-0506
>
> Professor (Adjunct status 2009-11)
> School of Education
> University of Michigan
> Ann Arbor, MI 48109
> www.umich.edu/~jaylemke <http://www.umich.edu/%7Ejaylemke>
>
> Professor Emeritus
> City University of New York

I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of it and it
responds. It is free. But it's not free to do what a violin string is
supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it, fix it in my violin and
tighten it until it is taut. Only then is it free to be a violin string.
-Sir Rabindranath Tagore