Re: [xmca] Dialectical Inquiry as the method/methodology of CHAT

Hi Michael

Your thoughts on the different roots of US Action Research and Friere's PAR
is an excellent example of Anna, Gadamer and Aristotle's central point that
*episteme* that is not INFORMED by phronesis [as *a* or maybe *the* central
question of inquiry]  can lead the epistemologically FORMED *system*  to
PRODUCE radically different transformations.

I want to add that this orientation with its particular bias or prejudice
[as a *right* relation]  can be seen as a DISPOSITION that can be *acquired*
within communities of inquiry where this FORM of awareness can attempt to
*reflect* [phronesis] on the historical and developmental roots of our
*habits* of somewhat predictable behaviour.  It was Bellah who wrote about
changing the *habits of our hearts* through changing *common sense* within
communities.   My reflections and exploring Stetsenko's writings can be
viewed as an attempt to participate in developing *better* habits of the
heart.  The term disposition and the term *stance* used in Anna's
dialectical framework point to a particular TYPE of *agentic* capacity which
develops case by case within *right relations*.

Larry

Larry